This miracle recalls a cold night many years ago, while my husband was out of the state, traveling for work.
The heater was having a hard time keeping up with the severe cold snap that California was having. So at one point, one of the boys asked me if we could start a fire in the fireplace. So I called my husband and got instructions from him on how to do it. (My husband was the one who usually lit any fires in the fireplace.)
I built up the logs for the fire, and then went to put the gas starter on, but felt the Holy Spirit tell me to wait.
“Have everyone back up first before you light the fire.”
So I told the kids to back way up and to stay there. They had watched their father light the fire before, and knew how it suddenly would flare into life. They obeyed me.
I turned on the gas and then lit the fire.
WOOSH! The fire had reached out through the entire length of the living room, filling it with flames. I felt the heat of it against my face, as I watched it race outwards. I starred at my children through the fire, greatly relieved that they were out of reach of the flames.
Thankfully the fire quickly dissipated back into the fireplace, and left nothing burning except the logs in the fire place.
I then told the kids that they could come forward to get warm by the fire.
The next night, the extreme cold snap had broken, so we no longer felt the need for a fire. We didn’t stay too much in the living room however, for I could still smell the gas every now and then. I kept trying to tighten the gas starter, but it didn’t seem to help. Finally my husband returned home and discovered that the gas starter had a leak in its pipe. We were both very thankful that the Lord Jesus Christ had saved our Children and our house from the gas fire!
Hanukkah is a time to recount miracles. This was one of ours.
Blessings to you and yours,